Progress
I've now got myself a place in Cork, which is only about 5 minutes walk from work. It's a lovely little flat, possibly slightly more money than I wanted to pay, but hey, I'm sure I'll work something out.
It's very modern, all wooden floors, things like that, and has all mod cons installed - including ADSL ready!
I think almost everything is ready now. The ferries are booked for Fri 20th August (to come back to the UK with a van) and Sun 22nd August (to move everything over to Ireland, and take my car with me). Its quite scary actually, packing all my stuff up for such a big move. The attitude of my parents isn't really helping either, but I'm just going to have to knuckle down and get on with it.
I have to say that I'm really looking forward to it. Obviously it's going to be a big change, and a big challenge work-wise, but I really can't wait. And, the major bonus will be being able to pick up the phone and say "Hey, want to go to the cinema tonight?" not "Hey, want to go to the cinema a week next Friday?" :-)
It's very modern, all wooden floors, things like that, and has all mod cons installed - including ADSL ready!
I think almost everything is ready now. The ferries are booked for Fri 20th August (to come back to the UK with a van) and Sun 22nd August (to move everything over to Ireland, and take my car with me). Its quite scary actually, packing all my stuff up for such a big move. The attitude of my parents isn't really helping either, but I'm just going to have to knuckle down and get on with it.
I have to say that I'm really looking forward to it. Obviously it's going to be a big change, and a big challenge work-wise, but I really can't wait. And, the major bonus will be being able to pick up the phone and say "Hey, want to go to the cinema tonight?" not "Hey, want to go to the cinema a week next Friday?" :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home