Gmail - for real?
Not much to report at the moment re: April 1st post. In fact, nothing at all to report. Which sucks big time.
So in order not to get myself depressed about it, and by the fact that I'm sitting on the sofa on a Sunday evening doing stuff for work, I'm not exactly in the best frame of mind anyway, I'll type about some bobbins.
On April 1st, a press release was issued by Google saying that they were to launch an email service allowing each used 1Gb of storage. I saw this and thought "Good April Fools guys, now get back to doing what you do best, being the best search engine on the web."
By the next day it was obvious that it was either the best April Fools gag in the world ever, or they were serious.
They were serious.
Over the forthcoming weeks it became apparent that there were some problems with the privacy problems surrounding GMail, but those aside, it seems that not exactly every one can get a gmail account.
I did.
And on initial look, it looks like EVERY OTHER webmail client out there. Not that impressive. Ok, yes, you can get 1Gb of mail, but what's that impressive? You can search your mail apparently, but I can do that already with my mail provider, FastMail.
If you can convince me, do so in that there comments box.
So in order not to get myself depressed about it, and by the fact that I'm sitting on the sofa on a Sunday evening doing stuff for work, I'm not exactly in the best frame of mind anyway, I'll type about some bobbins.
On April 1st, a press release was issued by Google saying that they were to launch an email service allowing each used 1Gb of storage. I saw this and thought "Good April Fools guys, now get back to doing what you do best, being the best search engine on the web."
By the next day it was obvious that it was either the best April Fools gag in the world ever, or they were serious.
They were serious.
Over the forthcoming weeks it became apparent that there were some problems with the privacy problems surrounding GMail, but those aside, it seems that not exactly every one can get a gmail account.
I did.
And on initial look, it looks like EVERY OTHER webmail client out there. Not that impressive. Ok, yes, you can get 1Gb of mail, but what's that impressive? You can search your mail apparently, but I can do that already with my mail provider, FastMail.
If you can convince me, do so in that there comments box.

2 Comments:
At 9:34 am,
Anonymous said…
test comments
At 1:01 pm,
Anonymous said…
Excellent fadefast!!!
You may want to check out people relationship dating
101 Ways to Build Happy, Lasting Relationships at people relationship dating - RelationshipAdviceGuide.com site.
Night of Passion :Intimacy and passion in relationships is not only important but also healthy.
Post a Comment
<< Home